James Spriggs Airfield is located in Central Monrovia with opportunity for PPP. Potential for domestic and regional flights.
- To improve the functionality and safety of the James Spriggs Payne Airport (JSPA)
- To provide standardized equipment that will meet International Civil Aviation Authority (ICAO) Standard and Recommended Practices (SARPs), and thereby guarantee the efficient delivery of quality service to users.
- A reconstructed runway (runway overlay – 6000ft x 100ft) 20cm thick (further room for expansion 9000 ft.)
- Renovated apron
- New and visible pavement markings
- Standardized signage
- New lighting system
- New baggage screening and parcel inspection system; and
Construct a new fire & rescue facility and 1 fire truck and equipment,
- Durable perimeter fencing (height and length)
- Provide temporary jobs for Liberians
- The project is expected to bring and maintain the James Spriggs Payne Airport to acceptable international standard, in conformity with ICAO requirements.
- Improve the marketability of JSPA and add value to the airport.
- Attract new users (airlines) for both domestic and regional air transportation; thereby increasing the level of activity and revenue generating capacity of the airport.
- (Estimated cost of Project: US$ 12.7m)