Manufacturing Sector in Liberia
- The setting up of the Monrovia Industrial Park with excellent tax breaks and capital repatriation guarantees, as well as its willingness to expand this industry, demonstrates the faith the government of Liberia has in the potential of manufacturing and its willingness to expand this industry.
- Manufacturing in Liberia has a wealth of opportunities in plastic and rubber goods such as: car tires, shoes, pipes, toys, furniture, as well as bio-fuel, etc.
- With plentiful raw materials, limited competition, abundant and low cost labor, a strategic coastal location, ports, and its role in the regional and sub-regional economic groupings of ECOWAS and MRU make Liberia the perfect staging ground to produce goods for these markets as well.
- Liberia’s manufacturing sector is a virgin territory with unlimited potential.
- Liberia’s youthful and energetic population accounts for over 60% of the Country’s 4.1 million people, with the majority under the age of 25. This pool of potential workers presents a wonderful opportunity for the manufacturing industry.
To access international markets, there are several platforms that facilitate the exportation of manufactured goods from Liberia. They include:
- Everything But Arms (EBA) with the European Union
- Africa Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) with the US Government
- ECOWAS Trade and Liberalization Scheme (ETLS) with ECOWAS member state